Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Vintage Flowers

I struggled a bit with today's card as I'm not a lover of the vintage look...




I was asked to make a card for an older lady that with the brief  'old-fashioned with flowers'. Some time ago I was given a pack of patterned papers that can only be described as 'faded floral and dull' which I never thought I would use but were ideal to create a vintage feel.

I used a sticker of some lilies (I think!) mounted on a fancy Marianne oval die-cut and some pearls and a strip of lace as embellishments. The greeting was printed directly onto patterned paper.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Crafty Catz #399 - anything goes/for the ladies
4 Crafty Chicks #385 - no winter blues
Crafter's Castle #1 - anything goes
Moving Along With The Times - flowers
Cuttlebug Mania - flowers

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x






8 comments:

  1. You may not be a lover of vintage but I LOVE vintage and shabby chic and you did beautiful work on your card!!! I love the colors, the lace, the pearls...and it all came together perfectly! Good job! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful vintage card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Sharon - thakyou for playing along in our Flowers Challenge at MAWTT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may not be to your taste, but it fits the bill perfectly and looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty card and I'm sure the recipient will have loved it

    Thank you for playing along with us at MAWTT

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you have covered what you set out to do for the customer, looks great, thanksfor sharing your creation with us this week at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete