Challenge Winning cards

Monday, July 24, 2017

Butterfly Stripes

I'm still on a mission to use up some of the stuff I have received free with magazines over the years..




I think this butterfly topper and coordinating patterned paper and sentiment came with Complete Cardmaking when it was around - I've certainly had them for more than 5 years!

I used a white linen card base and I've tried to keep as much 'white space' as possible while still showing off the gorgeous striped paper. For a touch of bling I've added a strip of silver peel-off and some shiny gems.

I'm entering this into the challenges at:

Less Is More #338 - no stamps 
Through The Purple Haze - things with wings
Country View Challenges - things with wings

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty <3 I love the candy colours and fun stripey paper. The butterfly is gorgeous with the gems. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever you used striped paper! I love changing the direction of the stripes on both elements. Your butterfly is so sweet, I like that it has a beautiful wide pink border

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and a stylish design ! A great way to use NBUS products from your stash ! This pattern paper is so pretty and I love your matching butterfly with the gems! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for using up some of your stash, I've got sooo much from years ago that I really must use. Love the stripes placed in different directions, and that bling butterfly is fab.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this card. Easy to say, but so hard to get right, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling... I do have an enormous pile of "free" papers that I cannot bear to throw away but hardly ever use! I hope you manage it, it would be an encouragement for the rest of us! You CAS card is pretty as well as stylish, thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design, beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete