Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Polka Dot Bunny

Needing a quick Easter card to go with an Easter Egg I have to deliver, I came across some polka dot card bases in my stash (Dovecraft - I vaguely remember buying them in Sainsbury's of all places!).

I found a seriously cute digi of a kawaii style bunny by an artist called Titareco on Deviant Art. I've printed it a couple of times to create a decoupage effect and then mounted the image on black paper. The greeting was done in  Zipty Do font.





Finally, I've added a pink pearl for his nose. 

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Less is More - polka dots
QKR Stampede Challenge - Easter
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #123 - use a pearl
Brown Sugar Challenge #191 - Easter
As You Like It Challenge - bingo board
I chose the line 'pink' 'clean and simple' and 'pearls'.  Pink is probably my fave colour to use on cards - it comes in so many shades. I also love the look of clean and simple cards - I struggle with flowery fancy styles. Finally, in my opinion, a card isn't finished unless there's some sort of flat-backed pearl or gem somewhere - it's my favourite embellishment.


Thanks for popping in - enjoy your Easter weekend!

Sharon
x

21 comments:

  1. Lovely and cute card. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's just too cute for words! Have a great Easter, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I really like the thick black lines of the image, the limited coloring and decoupage effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...this bunny is so cute! Love it. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!, just adorable. You knocked our challenge outa the park. Thanks for playing along with us at AYLI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image! Fab LIM entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your little cute polka dot bunny !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awhh! What a sweetie this little chap is!
    I LOve your colours. Her little nose is so cute with the pearl. Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly glitter-tastic and polka-perfect here and so appropriate for the season.
    Love it and thanks for sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your CAS card! TFS it over at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet bunny card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. Love polka dots as a background and I like the subtle blush you added too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little bunny face is so cute and I love the pink dotted paper with it. Thank you for joining us for the QKR Stampeded blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous hun, great use of the chosen items and I love the cute bunny! Thanks for playing along with our Bingo challenge at AYLI. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an incredibly cute bunny, backed by those fab dots!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute Easter card, love the clean look. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for our Easter Card Challenge. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waw this looks really lovely. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete