Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Something Fishy

I've had a really slow Internet connection this week due to the adverse weather so this is the first chance I've had to post a card since the weekend - good job the Olympics are on to keep me occupied. It's a request from a work colleague to make a 40th Birthday card for her kids to give their dad who's a Fisherman - I do get the strangest requests!

I remembered some old digi images I had by Cuddly Buddly called Country Gents and came up with this...



I've fussy cut the fisherman and used the patterned papers that came with the images as background. The number was made in Publisher by overlaying Word art numbers onto a snippet of the digital paper.

I've entered this into the current challenges at:

Without Words - occupations
Crafty Cardmakers - this is a man's world
Cute Card Thursday - clever cutting

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

7 comments:

  1. With all the flooding we are having your little fisherman could probably fish in the road!

    Great image, fab colour choice and perfect masculine card

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon this is really cute - a perfect card for the guy who likes to fish! I hope your weather improves soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image - perfect for a male card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card, by seeing this card I remember i also have those images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job! I know what you mean about the odd requests , I've had a few strange ones myself! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous 40th card. Love the image and cas design.
    Thanks for joining this months challenge at Without Words
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete