Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Mother's Day Card

With just under a month to go until Mother's Day in the UK I'd better make a start...

There's a gorgeous colour challenge at The Play Date Cafe today - lovely delicate colours that are very spring like...




I used a fabulous digi that I got ages ago from Birdie Brown - I love her designs - they are modern with a lovely touch of quirkiness.

To match the faux sewing on the digi, I made a square shape in Publisher and changed the outline to large dashes. The background is done with a swiss dots embossing folder and the lettering is die-cut. Isn't it funny how colours on photos can appear totally different - in real life the blue is exactly the right shade!!!




Bye for now

Sharon
X

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the flower! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that faux stitching, very nice effect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete