Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow Is Falling....

Like many in the North East of England, I woke up this morning in a winter wonderland. I reckon we had abou 4-5 inches through the night. The roads are treacherous - I took my other half to work this morning and even at 7.00 am traffic was travelling at about 15 mph.

So here I am, snug at home after doing the shopping, about to have a pleasant afternoon making Christmas cards - which I really should have started to make in September!

To get my creative juices flowing, here's a couple I've made, greatly inspired by the gallery on the DigiStamp Boutique website. I love these cute Christmas images.


This first card was inspired by Kerry Cox's lovely card featuring Francis the penguin - I love the contrast of the cerise and white and just to add a bit of dimension I decoupaged Francis' scarf. The snow flake punch was from Hobbycraft and I finished them off with diamantes.


The second card was inspired by a lovely card by Susan Baxter of a cute little girl called Chloe. The big snowflake is recycled from one of last year's christmas cards - I always pull off the useful bits! Pale blue diamantes were added and a tiny pom pom used as the snowballl.

Now to see what I can come up with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment