Challenge Winning cards

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Some recent cards...

Aswell as making loads of Christmas cards, I've still been getting plenty of normal card orders.

I found the girly topper in a card making pack I bought from Home Bargains - dunno if this shop is available all over the country but it's certainly popular in the North East - it's full of reduced toiletries, toys, food items etc and I often find really useful crafty items. The flower is from a pack of 'Hawaiian' table flowers from Birthdays and the paper is papermania. The result is a very girly card.I made this Anniversary card very quickly and it's based around the lovely piece of olive green ribbon. The hearts are diecuts and the floral paper is good old Papermania again .

The roses on this birthday card came from the wedding section of Dainty Supplies - a wonderful craft emporium on an industrial estate in Washington. It really is like my mothership! The pink rose paper was bought ages ago from Hobbycarft. I love cards like this that have 3D toppers but you must remember to use an envelope bigger than the card so that the extra bit fits in!


This is my favourite card of the moment. I saw the card sketch in a magazine and knew it would be so easy to make using my square nesties. The papers and butterflies came with an issue of Creative Cardmaking and I just added my usual diamantes for the butterfly trails.

Aarrgh - another man's card. I get so chewed having to make cards for men because I love adding ribbons and bling to my cards. My imagination really struggles with all things masculine so I just printed and decoupaged this image from Clip-art. I'm pleased with the result but would rather make girly cards any day.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Sharon. These are just brilliant, I love them all. Take care and Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely selection of cards Sharon, love the girly cards but the beer glass is brilliant! A Happy New Year to you :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ALL these cards! Know what you mean about men's cards . . . they're sooooo hard to do! I've got some of that beautiful rose paper, but I haven't finished stroking it yet . . . simply CAN'T cut into it!

    ReplyDelete