Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Three Birthdays and a Retirement!

The first card today was a request for a card for a colleague who was retiring...but without the word retirement on it. Crazy eh? I was stumped for a while then just gave up and resorted to my favourite trick of just cutting out patterned letters and spelling the appropriate word. I was even able to cheat doing this as I had loads of random letters left over from a cheapo scrapbooking kit. Not the best card I have ever made but it serves a purpose.


I got the idea for the shoe card from a recent edition of Complete Cardmaking. In the mag, the 'Kick up your heels...' greeting was stamped but that's why we have computers isn't it! The template for the shoe was a free gift in a pack of designer templates that came with Simply Cards & Papercraft a couple of issues ago. The spotty paper was also a freebie so this card was dead cheap to make and I'm really pleased with the result.



Another number card. I love these Papermania papers - the colours just make me think of Raspberry Ruffle chocolate bars.


Finally another request for a 'Dress' card - this time in pink for a 50th birthday. These are so easy to make and people love them. I was so pleased to be able to match the spotty paper with the ribbon - both freebies with various magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment